Shore Cottage sits between the beach and the coast path, and surrounded by National Trust land. Due to the design of the house, many of the rooms have windows on three sides, maximising the benefit of the rural views all around.
- Sleeps up to 6 in three bedrooms (one with a super-king size bed, two with twin single beds).
- All beds are freshly made up for your arrival with sheets, duvets and 2 pillows per person.
- All bed linen and towels are included, as are tea towels and bath mats.
- Free WiFi throughout the property, although due to the remote location the service is slow and sometimes unreliable.
- A telephone is provided for incoming calls. Mobile phone service is generally good depending on your service provider.
- We are dog friendly, just let us know you're bringing a dog. (Dogs are not allowed upstairs or on furniture.)
Downstairs the entrance hall leads to a large, light and airy kitchen / dining room. The fully fitted kitchen (new for 2017) includes everything you will need for your stay including integrated dishwasher, fridge, freezer, oven, hob and microwave. The dining room has a central table with seating for 6. Leading off from the dining room, a glass sunroom provides a wonderful area to sit and watch the sea. The sunroom also leads through to the sitting room which has a flat screen TV with DVD player. Also downstairs is a full size shower room with basin and WC (and a washing machine) and a separate storage room with drying space and an additional fridge & freezer.
Upstairs the cottage sleeps 6 in three double bedrooms. The master double bedroom has a super-king size bed, fitted wardrobe, and a wonderful terraced balcony where you can sit with your morning cup of tea and enjoy the seaside views across the garden and bay to White Nothe. The front twin bedroom has panoramic views on three sides from White Nothe looking East to Weymouth in the West, while the back twin bedroom has views across Ringstead and the bay to Weymouth in the distance. The first floor bathroom has a full size bath, basin, WC and heated towel rail.
Outside, a patio area is ideal for barbecuing, and the large grassy garden has a large even area which is perfect for ball games, frizbee or swingball. There is a teak dining table with six chairs for al-fresco dining. A path leads down from the lawn to the cliff top and continues to the beach although this can get slippy and difficult when wet. Unfortunately we are unable to control the effects of the sea on the cliff, so you may find it impractical to access the beach this way. There is a set of permanent steps to the beach about 100 yards from the house which is maintained by the National Trust and this provides easy beach access if needed. There is parking for 2 cars on the gravelled driveway.